So glad that y’all have been enjoying these MHM posts, because it’s been an AWESOME experience for me too. In fact, I think I’m more inclined to be “adventurous” in my food shopping, and pick up things I wouldn’t normally buy because I know I’ll be sharing it with you guys. And that’s meant discovering lots of new yummy stuff and smashing fear foods in the face.
So if you’re someone who tends to get stuck in food ruts either because of fear foods, a love for the comfortable and known, or whatever – I encourage you to do your own MHM blog post and show off a new goodie you’re trying out next week. Not a blogger? Next time you’re shopping set out to buy one special item to share with a friend. Annnnnnyways, here’s what I’m munching on from Monday – Sunday and beyond!
Only picked up a few things that I go through quickly, because I still have hamburger patties, turkey sausage, and chicken nuggets from last week’s Market Haul Monday.
- Chili Lime Krave beef jerky – on sale AGAIN! I love this stuff. Soft and chewiest jerky I’ve ever had and I love munching on it for a snack
- Canned tuna from Costco – As confessed a little bit ago on IG, I eat a lottt of tuna. So the huge Costco pack is necessary
- Honey roasted turkey breast – Also from Costco, and something my mom & I both eat a lot of!
- (unpictured) eggs – I got two 12 packs from Costco as well
I am majorly stoked to have found the Perfect bar combo pack at Costco. I’m so glad I found these before I ordered online, because it’s the perfect sampler pack and introduced me to my new favorite: Cranberry Crunch! I’d never bought it before because I’m generally very wary of anything labeled “lite”, “light”, “low (insert fat / calorie / etc) but I will make an exception for this bar because A) it’s still a great source of nutrition and B) all real ingredients!
- Glutino pretzels – these are without a doubt my favorite GF pretzels and actually I like them waay better than your average gluten pretzel. I don’t buy them regularly because they’re suuuper pricy at my local market, but I’ve started shopping at Sprouts recently and they always have so many speciality foods on sale, like these!
- Hershey’s special dark kisses – technically I didn’t haul these from the market; mom did, but I’m including it cause I will for sure be eating these this week too!
Remember in the “Fixing Your Relationship with Food” FAQ when you guys asked me what my favorite food I’ve rediscovered since recovery was and I gave you the most bland answer, bread? Well some things never change 🙂
I’ve considered myself free of (most) ED thoughts for awhile, but I still feel so…free when I make myself a bagel. Oh and I’m still a die hard Udi’s fan, as you can see.
Fruit & Dairy]
- Bananas – some to be frozen for smoothies, the rest for adding to my latest obsession: buckwheat!
- Avocados – accidentally bought organic…ooops..I mean, yay?
- Frozen cherries from Costco – also accidentally organic haha
- Fage greek yogurt – in peach & straberry
No veggies to report, but don’t worry!! It’s only because I still have lettuce, spinach, and bell peppers from last week’s MHM. I guess I just go through things like, I don’t know, gluten free chocolate glazed donuts (also last week) quicker…
I really do hope you’ll do your own Market Haul Monday of sorts next week, and in the meantime tell me:
Do you buy organic, why or why not?
Where is your favorite place to grocery shop, and what’s one new thing you’ve been wanting to try?
Want Exclusive Videos?
Subscribe to our mailing list to unlock 10 VIP videos!